Simple & Quick Mason Jar Burritos
These beautiful, fresh, summery mason jar burritos are the perfect lunch recipes because of how simple they are to put together and how filling & healthy they are as well. In this recipe, we make Chipotle’s signature cilantro lime rice as well as a gorgeous pico de gallo!
Mason Jar Burrito Recipe:
Makes 2 servings
For the rice-
-1 cup Jasmine Rice (other types of rice work too, Jasmine rice is preferable)
-1 ½ cups cold water
-2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
-1 bay leaf
-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
-1 tablespoon rice bran oil ( olive oil works as well)
-½ lime, juiced
For the Pico De Gallo-
-1 large tomato, cubed
-½ red onion, cut into small pieces
-½ teaspoon lemon juice
-salt, to taste
Assembling the rice bowls-
-¼ cup black beans
-¼ cup chopped romaine lettuce
-¼ cup protein of choice (I used plant-based protein, but you could use chicken, beef or leave it out if you prefer
1. Rinse 1 cup of jasmine rice until the water runs clear. Add the rice to a medium-sized saucepan. Add 1 ½ cup of cold water to the pan. Add 2 teaspoons of salt (we’ll use the rest later) and add the bay leaf on top.
2. Cover the saucepan with a lid and place over high heat. Once the water has been brought to a boil, change the heat to low and simmer for 15-18 minutes, or until the rice has cooked through.
3. After the rice has been cooked, transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add one tablespoon of oil, three tablespoons of cilantro, the juice of half a lime, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
5. Fold in until the ingredients have been distributed. Set aside.
6. To make the pico de gallo, cube the tomatoes and dice the onions, then transfer to a small bowl. Add a squeeze or about ½ a teaspoon of lemon juice. Then add ½ a teaspoon of salt and mix the ingredients together.
7. To assemble the mason jars, place a generous layer of the rice at the bottom, followed with the black beans, protein, pico de gallo, guacamole, and lettuce. Add other toppings of choice
And that’s it for the recipe! Enjoy 🙂