Giant Peanut Butter Cookie
As the only peanut butter lover in my household, I often find myself baking giant single serving desserts so that I can fulfill my cravings for peanut butter without having to waste any. Single serve recipes have to be my favorite to make because of how simple they are to put together with almost no clean up required. This cookie has to be one of my favorite flavors because of the gorgeous salty and sweet combination. I’ve made this recipe tens of times trying to find the best measurements to make the perfect Giant Peanut Butter Cookie and I finally have it. It’s soft, crumbly, butter with a little bit of chocolate and saltiness in every single bite. A symphony of different flavors; I can guarentee that any peanut butter lover will absolutely fall in love with this recipe
Giant Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie For One
2 tablespoons softened butter (use vegan butter if you’re vegan!)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons yogurt (dairy or non-dairy) alternatives include applesauce, mashed banana or 2 tablespoons of an egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons peanut butter
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (45g)(you can also use peanuts or leave this out entirely)
1 tablespoon Nutella (alternatives include chocolate and jam, or leave it out entirely )
preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius)
1. In a mixing bowl, add the sugars and softened butter. Cream until its well combined 2. Add the yogurt, vanilla, and salt. Combine.
3. mix in the peanut butter
4. Incorporate the flour and baking soda. Take care not to overmix
5. stir in the chocolate chips and evenly distribute them in the dough. The dough will be slightly wet but don’t add in anything extra because this is the consistency that you want.
6. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pour the dough and shape it into a disk. Press so that it’s not too thick (the cookie will be doughy and raw in the center) but don’t press it too thin (you’ll get an extremely crispy cookie that’s going to expand a lot) 7. Make cross hatches on the top of the cookie. Then using the back of a tablespoon, make a well in the center of the cookie and fill with Nutella.
8.Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
9. And we’re done! Serve with a glass of milk or eat it as is 🙂