4 Ingredient Soft Baked Pretzels
Yeild: 9-10 pretzels
– 1 ¼ cup warm water
– 1 packet (1 tbsp) active dry/instant yeast
– 3 ¼ cups all purpose flour
– ¼ cup sugar
– ¼ cup baking soda
– Salt and butter to garnish (optional)
1. Add the warm water and yeast to a container and set aside for 5-7 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour and sugar together.
3. Pour in the yeast mixture and use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment or your hands to knead the dough for 5-12 minutes.
4. Add the kneaded dough in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Rest for 20 minutes
5. After the dough has rested, place it on a clean surface and roll out slightly
6. Cut the dough into 8-10 pieces and roll each piece into a log.
9. Shape each piece into a pretzel shape and rest for another 10 minutes.
10. Preheat oven to 450 F Place the pretzels on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
11. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and brush with butter. Top with additional salt and enjoy 🙂