Loaded Sweet Potato Fries
Yield: 1 large serving or 2-3 regular servings
For the potato fries-
-1 large sweet potato (or 2 small sweet potatoes)
-1 tsp olive oil
-½ tsp salt
-½ tsp garlic powder
-½ tsp onion powder
-¼ tsp chili powder (optional)
For the chili yogurt sauce:
-⅓ cup yogurt
-½ tsp salt
-¼ tsp garlic powder
-½ tsp chili powder (the amount of chili powder depends on your spice tolerance!)
-¼ cup cilantro
-¼ tsp salt
-¼ tsp lemon juice
-½ cup black or pinto beans, washed and drained (optional)
-⅓ cup boiled corn (optional) + any other additional toppings of choice!
For the sweet potatoes-
1. Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C)
2. Rinse and chop the 1 large (2 small) sweet potatoes into ¼ inch slices. The thicker the slices are, the more time it will take to cook. Thinner slices require less cook time.
3. Transfer the potato slices to a medium sized bowl and add 1 tsp of olive oil.
4. Add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp garlic powder, and ¼ onion powder. Use your hands to coat each of the potatoes with the oil. Add other seasonings of choice, if desired.
5. Cook on a skillet on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
For the spicy yogurt sauce:
1. In a small bowl, combine ⅓ cup greek yogurt, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp garlic powder and ½ tsp chili powder.
2. Mix well until combined. For the veggie layer: Chop ½ an onion and 1/2 a tomato into small cubes and add to a medium bowl. Add ¼ cup cilantro, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp lemon juice and stir well to combine.
Assembling the potatoes:
1. In a large plate or skillet, add the sweet potatoes. Add ½ a cup of black/pinto beans, then add the onions and tomatoes. Add any additional toppings, if desired
2. Finish off by adding the yogurt sauce and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy 🙂