Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe
Yield: 5 scones
– 1 cup flour
– 3 tbsp sugar
– ½ tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp baking soda
– ¼ cup cold salted butter, cubed (add ¼ tsp salt if using unsalted butter)
– ¼ cup chocolate chips (or any mix ins of choice)
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the cold cubed butter and use the tips of your fingers (or a pastry cutter) to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs
4. Add in the chocolate chips and whisk once again until the chocolate chips are well distributed
5. Create a well at the center of the mixture and add in the vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream. Use your hands to combine until it forms a cohesive dough.
6. Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and shape the dough into a log shape.
7. Use a knife to cut the dough into 5 triangular pieces. (cut diagonally, then cut vertically and repeat for the rest of the dough)
8. Place the scones on the baking sheet and brush with extra heavy cream and top with extra chocolate chips (optional)
9.Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown
10. Allow to cool completely before serving and enjoy !