Mini Strawberry Lemon Cheesecakes
– 1 ½ cups crushed graham crackers
– 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
– 16 oz cream cheese (2 bricks), softened
– ⅔ cup granulated sugar
– 2 eggs
– ¼ cup full fat greek yogurt
– 3 tbsp lemon zest
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– ¼ cup strawberry preserves or jam
– ¾ cup whipped cream, for topping (optional)
– Fresh sliced strawberries and lemons, for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C) and grease and line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2. Crush the graham crackers in a blender or food processor until it resembles fine powder
3. Add the melted butter and mix until all of the crumbs have been coated in the butter
4. Evenly divide the crumbs into the cupcake pan and press firmly until compact. Set aside for later
5. In a large bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat on medium speed using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
6. Add the sugar and whisk once again. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary to prevent anything from sticking to the sides of the bowl
7. Crack in the eggs one ata time and beat into the mixture until well incorporated.
8. Add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat once again until everything is well incorporated and the batter is thick and ribbony.
9. Pour the batter into each of the cupcake molds
10. Add a spoonful of the strawberry preserves/jam into each of the cupcake molds and use a toothpick to swirl and create a rippled effect.
11. Bake the cheesecakes in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the outsides are firm but the insides are still slightly jiggly.
12. Remove from the oven once cooked and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight. The cheesecake needs time to set before being served.
13. After the cheesecakes have been chilled, top with optional whipped cream and fruit.
Serve and enjoy !!