Raspberry Lemonade Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
– ¼ cup vegetable oil
– ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 ½ cups flour
– 2 tbsp cornstarch
– ½ cup milk
– 2 tbsp lemon zest
– ⅓ cup lemon juice
– ½ cup raspberry preserves
For the Frosting:
– ½ cup butter
– 8 oz cream cheese (use the brick- not the spread)
– 1 tsp vanilla
– ¼ tsp salt
– 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
– 2 tbsp raspberry preserves, optional
– Pink Food coloring, optional
– Lemon slices and raspberries, for topping (optional)
For the cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C ) and line a cupcake pan with 12 liners
2. In a large bowl, add the butter, oil and sugar. Use an electric mixer on medium speed to cream the ingredients together until pale and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix again until well combined. Set the bowl aside
4. In a medium bowl, sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Whisk the dry ingredients together
5. Add the dry ingredients into the large bowl and use an electric mixer to mix until most of the flour has been incorporated, some flour will still remain. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
6. Add the milk, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix once again until just combined. The batter will be thick
7. Add the raspberry preserves 2 tbsp at a time and use your spoon to create a rippled effect in the batter. Do not overdo or the preserves will bleed into the batter
8. Divide the batter evenly in all of the cupcake molds
9. Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Do not overbake!
10. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool completely.
For the frosting:
1. In a large bowl, add the butter and cream cheese. Beat the ingredients using an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla and salt and beat once again until combined.
3. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until fully incorporated and the frosting reaches the desired texture. Add heavy cream or milk if necessary to thin out the frosting
4. Add food coloring or raspberry preserves in the frosting and mix until the color is well distributed in the frosting.
Assembling the cupcakes:
1. Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, transfer the frosting to a piping bag.
Pipe a generous amount of frosting onto each of the cupcakes
Top with optional lemon slices and fresh raspberries
Serve and Enjoy ! 🙂